Parties, football games, or just a fun “pick me up”, sometimes we need a snack! But who wants to drop a couple hundred calories on finger food? Here’s an idea for those times when snacking is inevitable. Jalapeno poppers! Who doesn’t love them right? Now you can make this low calorie version that is both filling and satisfying!
8 slices of turkey bacon
8 wedges of laughing cow cheese (one box comes with 8 wedges)
1) Cut the top off the Jalapenos and slice into two pieces, long way. Scrap out ALL seeds! If you don’t get all the seeds, you will be in for a spicy shock. Rinse the Jalapenos with cold water.
2) Slice your 8 pieces of turkey bacon in half making 16 pieces. Do the same with the cheese wedges to make 16 chunks of cheese.
3) Working one at a time, pat a jalapeno slice dry, fill the inside with cheese spread, and wrap with bacon. Secure the bacon with a toothpick.
4) Place on greased (nonstick spray) baking dish and bake on 400 for 45 min. or until bacon is crisp.
5) Allow to cool 5 mins and serve.
This recipe makes 16 poppers. Are you ready for the total calorie count? 35 Calories a popper!! WOW! What a fun way to stay on a diet!